Abby Kelley will accept applications for students who will be in Kindergarten- Sixth grade in the 2022/2023 school year. Apply online
At AKFCS we believe that parents and families are a student’s first teacher and are essential to a student’s social, emotional and academic life. When schools and families work together for the education of the student, they can build strong connections that result in a student with strong academic and social emotional competencies such as the capacity for empathy, self awareness and good abilities to understand their social and emotional world.
AKFCS is offering a discussion series with parents and caregivers to talk about the social emotional health of their child. There will be four sessions to help parents and caregivers gain a better understanding of social emotional learning and will ask them to actively engage in their own growth while supporting their child’s practice of social emotional skills. Groups will be limited to 10 people and each group will be 60 minutes. Discussion groups will be through Zoom and will be held by executive functioning coach, Jim Dunn and our psychologist Dr. Carrie Cole. We ask that people commit to all four sessions of the discussion groups. Translation services will be available.
The following is the agenda for the parent/caregiver workshops:
January 25th 6pm -7pm –Welcome and Introduction to SEL
● What do we mean when we say “SEL?”
● Why is SEL important?
February 1st 6pm – 7pm Gratitude
● Exploring the impact of gratitude on our life and our student’s lives
● Creating a space for gratitude in your life and family life
● Practicing gratitude as a family
February 8th 6pm-7pm Managing Stress with Mindfulness
● How do you know you are stressed?
● How to shift from a reactive and stressed mode to a mindfully responsive mode
February 15th, 6pm-7pm Responsible Decision Making (Wrap Up)
● How to raise children who make responsible decisions that show they care for others and
If you are interested in participating in this discussion series, please contact Carrie Cole at email@example.com or call her at 508-854-8400 ext. 3636. When emailing, please let her know if you require translation services.
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) have changed their guidance for quarantine and isolation. The updated guidance;
- Reduces the number of days a student/staff must be out of school if they test positive for COVID.
- Staff and students who test positive for CoVID must remain in quarantine for five (5) days returning to school on day six (6) only if he/she/they is fever free for at least 24 hours (without over the counter medicine) and shows improvement in all other symptoms.
- CoVID positive individuals with decreasing or no symptoms must then mask for 5 additional days, both inside and outside such as at recess.
Families are encouraged to review the updated Abby Kelley District Health Protocols
The Class of ’22 is collectively looking to their future after Graduation. Whether it be starting a career, continuing their education or one of many other future paths, we celebrate each student’s achievement of earning their High School Diploma.
Below are a list of colleges our students have applied to and received acceptances from, which were shared with our High School Guidance staff as of 12/31/21.
The University of Alabama
Anna Maria College
Bridgewater State University
University of Dayton
Georgia State University
University of Illinois at Chicago
Louisiana State University
Loyola University Maryland
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth
University of Massachusetts-Amherst
University of Massachusetts-Boston
University of Massachusetts-Lowell
Michigan State University
Morgan State University
Northern Illinois University
Pennsylvania State University
Roger Williams University
Southern Adventist University
The University of Tennessee-Knoxville
Walla Walla University
Wentworth Institute of Technology
Western New England University
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Worcester State University