The Nutrition Services staff provides healthy meals, breakfast and lunch, to all students each school day. For the 2021-2022 School Year, ALL students will receive FREE breakfast and lunch. Students simply show their ID to the Nutrition Service staff and enjoy!
Students Food Safety
Students with specific dietary needs (allergies, sensitivities) please contact Stephanie Collins, Director, Nutrition Services. She and her staff will work with you to assure your student(s) have their meals prepared and served to address their needs.
Resources for Families
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is available to qualifying families, based on household income, student status, age and immigration status.
Questions/concerns about the Nutrition Services Department? Contact Stephanie Collins, Director, Nutritional Services
AKF Meal Facts
- Current nutrition standards require more whole grains, fruits and vegetables, while limiting sodium and calories in school meals.
- School meals are never super-sized! Federal law requires every school meal to provide age-appropriate portions.
- Federal law prohibits the sale of soda in the cafeteria ~ every school meal comes with low-fat or fat-free milk.
- Every school lunch offers students their choice of at least two servings of fruits and vegetables.
- Fat-free flavored milk has the same 9 essential nutrients as white milk, including calcium, protein, vitamin A and D, and potassium.
- School lunches meet limits on fat ~~ no more than 30% of calories can come from fat and less than 10% from saturated fat.