New menus will be posted for the return to school in August.
School Nutrition Program
The Nutritional Services staff provides healthy meals, breakfast and lunch, to all students each school day. More information will be posted for the return to school in August.
Students Food Safety
Students with specific dietary needs (allergies, sensitivities) please contact Stephanie Ryder, Director, Nutritional Servces. She and her staff will work with you to assure your student(s) have their meals prepared and served to address their needs.
Other Resources for Families
AKF Student Meal Accounts
At this time, we will use a weekly invoice system for families. Student accounts with an outstanding meal balance will receive a notice by e-mail at the end of each month as well.
Questions/concerns about the Nutrition Services Department? Contact Stephanie Collins, Director, Nutritional Services
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is available to qualifying families, based on household income, student status, age and immigration status.
AKF Meal Facts
- Current nutrition standards require more whole grains, fruits and vegetables, while limiting sodium and calories in school meals.
- School meals are never super-sized! Federal law requires every school meal to provide age-appropriate portions.
- Federal law prohibits the sale of soda in the cafeteria ~ every school meal comes with low-fat or fat-free milk.
- Every school lunch offers students their choice of at least two servings of fruits and vegetables.
- Fat-free flavored milk has the same 9 essential nutrients as white milk, including calcium, protein, vitamin A and D, and potassium.
- School lunches meet limits on fat ~~ no more than 30% of calories can come from fat and less than 10% from saturated fat.