2018-2019 School Year
- Applications will be available Monday, October 16, 2017-Friday, January 26, 2018.
- Applications will be available online at www.akfcs.org
- Siblings and Residents currently on the waitlist must submit an application annually.
- If you have any questions regarding enrollment, please contact the Admissions Office 508-854- 8400 x3644 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Enrollment Lottery will be held on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. in the High School Concert Hall.
Kindergarten Information Session and Tour Schedule
Elementary School 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday, October 19, 2017
- Thursday, November 16, 2017
- Monday, January 8, 2018
- Snow Day - Tuesday, January 16, 2018
The Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School is a classical liberal arts K-12 school, located
in the Greendale neighborhood of Worcester. Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School will
accept applications for students entering Kindergarten through Grade 6. The school does not
enroll new students in Grades 7-12. The school will backfill seats in kindergarten through
Grade 6 through June 30 annually. Students entering kindergarten must be 5 by August 31.
Abby Kelley Foster does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed,
sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, homelessness, mental or physical disability,
age, ancestry, athletic performance, special need, proficiency in the English language or in a
foreign language, or academic achievement in admitting students, nor may charter schools
set admissions criteria that are intended to discriminate or that have the effect of
discriminating on any of these bases. The School will develop and implement a student
recruitment and retention plan in accordance with Massachusetts laws and regulations.
M.G.L. c. 71, § 89(l); 603 CMR 1.06
Enrollment preference is given to siblings of currently enrolled students and students
residing in the towns designated in the charter: Auburn, Holden, Leicester, Millbury, Oxford,
Shrewsbury, Sutton, West Boylston and Worcester. Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School
is open to all Massachusetts residents. Applicants are required to submit reasonably proof of
residency and sibling status at the time of admission. The school’s application process is not
integrated with any school district.
All applicants will be notified in writing of the rights of students with diverse learning needs to
attend Abby Kelley Foster and receive accommodations and support services, including
students who may have disabilities, require special education and/or are English language
learners. Information regarding the availability of services is included on the school’s website,
enrollment information, school handbook, special education policy manual, and English
language learner policy manual.