Important information about the School Nutrition Program at Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School
Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School Food Services offers healthy meals every school day. Free and Reduced Meal Benefits are available to qualifying families. For a Free and Reduced Meal Application you may call 508-854-8400 ext. 2635, write the Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School Food Services Dept., 10 New Bond Street, Worcester MA 01606, or pickup in the main office at any school. You may apply for Free and Reduced Meals anytime throughout the school year. Your children may qualify for free or reduced meals if your household income falls within the limits on the chart below.
Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School Food Services prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, or sexual orientation.
Also, did you know…….
- New nutrition standards require even more whole grains, fruits and vegetables, while limiting sodium and calories in school meals.
- School meals are never super-sized! Federal law requires every school meal to provide age-appropriate portions.
- Federal law prohibits the sale of soda in the cafeteria ~ every school meal comes with low-fat or fat-free milk.
- Every school lunch offers students their choice of at least two servings of fruits and vegetables.
- Fat-free flavored milk has the same 9 essential nutrients as white milk, including calcium, protein, vitamin A and D, and potassium.
- School lunches meet strict limits on fat ~~ no more than 30% of calories can come from fat and less than 10% from saturated fat.
Please Note: We will be sending outstanding meal balance notices home via e-mail monthly. Please see that information is always updated with the school, should it change. If you have any questions/concerns about the notices please contact Stephanie Ryder, Director of Food Services.