School Year 2018 / 2019
Below is the Massachusetts Household Application for Free / Reduced Price School Meals and instructions for completing the application.
ONLY ONE APPLICATION PER HOUSEHOLD IS REQUIRED.
If you have received a Direct Certification of Free Meals from the School, you do not have to complete this application.
If you are NOT interested in applying for Free or Reduced Price School Meals, please list the student(s) name, write “NOT INTERESTED”, sign and return the application to the school, this way we know you have received/seen the application.
Meal Prices for the 2018 / 2019 School Year
Elementary / Middle / High School Breakfast $ 1.75
Elementary School Lunch $ 2.80
Middle School Lunch $ 3.05
High School Lunch $ 3.30
Reduced Price Breakfast ~ All Schools $ 0.30
Reduced Price Lunch ~ All Schools $ 0.40
Outstanding balance notices will be sent home weekly via e-mail, please make sure your e-mail address is updated in our records. Payments can be made to the school in the form of checks, made payable to AKFCS ~ remember to include your child(rens) name on the check. Cash is not recommended to be sent in with students.
If at any time you have questions about the meal service department please feel free to contact:
Diane J. Mikulski, Director of Food Services
firstname.lastname@example.org / 508 854 8400 x 2635
Stephanie Ryder, Food Service Manager
email@example.com / 508 854 8400 x 4645
Important information about the School Nutrition Program at Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School
Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School Food Services offers healthy meals every school day. Free and Reduced Meal Benefits are available to qualifying families. For a Free and Reduced Meal Application you may call 508-854-8400 ext. 2635, write the Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School Food Services Dept., 10 New Bond Street, Worcester MA 01606, or pickup in the main office at any school. You may apply for Free and Reduced Meals anytime throughout the school year. Your children may qualify for free or reduced meals if your household income falls within the limits on the chart below.
Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School Food Services prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, or sexual orientation.
Also, did you know…….
- New nutrition standards require even more whole grains, fruits and vegetables, while limiting sodium and calories in school meals.
- School meals are never super-sized! Federal law requires every school meal to provide age-appropriate portions.
- Federal law prohibits the sale of soda in the cafeteria ~ every school meal comes with low-fat or fat-free milk.
- Every school lunch offers students their choice of at least two servings of fruits and vegetables.
- Fat-free flavored milk has the same 9 essential nutrients as white milk, including calcium, protein, vitamin A and D, and potassium.
- School lunches meet strict limits on fat ~~ no more than 30% of calories can come from fat and less than 10% from saturated fat.
Please Note: We will be sending outstanding meal balance notices home via e-mail monthly. Please see that information is always updated with the school, should it change. If you have any questions/concerns about the notices please contact Diane J. Mikulski, Director of Food Services.