Elementary School Meals - September
Middle School Meals - September
High School Meals - September
School Nutrition Program
The Nutritional Services staff provides healthy meals to all students each school day. To meet your students needs this school year, we will establish a twice a week Meal Pickup Program.
Meal Pickup Program: Breakfast & Lunch
Pre Ordering and Pick Up for Full Remote Students
If you would like the Nutrition Services staff to provide your student(s) with a school prepared breakfast and lunch, we will be using an online order form.
Please note; at this time we will be invoicing families for meals purchased each week.
To assure your student(s) have the meals they need available for pickup each Tuesday and Friday between 4-6:00 p.m. at the High School (6 New Bond St). ALL orders must be completed every Thursday by 5:00 p.m. for the next week. We will continue with these pickup dates every Tuesday and Friday through Tuesday, December 22nd. (Meals will not be provided when school is closed for holidays or breaks.)*
Please note; we will only give meals to the student(s) in an individual family. You will not be able to pick up meals for other families, if they are not able to be there with you in the vehicle.
Students in In Person Learning
Students coming into school (Kindergarten, students with IEPs, ELLs or other high needs) will place their meal orders in class with their teacher. This will be very familiar to most of our students as it is the process we have used in the past.*
Please note; Everyone is Remote on Wednesdays. Students participating in In Person Learning and who need meals for Wednesdays should complete the online order form.
*At this time we will be invoicing families for meals purchased each week.
Students Food Safety
Students with specific dietary needs (allergies, sensitivities) please contact Stephanie Ryder, Director, Nutritional Servces. She and her staff will work with you to assure your student(s) have their meals prepared and served to address their needs.
Other Resources for Families
AKF Student Meal Accounts
At this time, we will use a weekly invoice system for families. Student accounts with an outstanding meal balance will recieve a notice by e-mail at the end of each month as well.
Questions/concerns about the Nutrition Services Department? Contact Stephanie Ryder, Director, Nutritional Services
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is available to qualifying families, based on household income, student status, age and immigration status.
AKF Meal Facts
- Current nutrition standards require more whole grains, fruits and vegetables, while limiting sodium and calories in school meals.
- School meals are never super-sized! Federal law requires every school meal to provide age-appropriate portions.
- Federal law prohibits the sale of soda in the cafeteria ~ every school meal comes with low-fat or fat-free milk.
- Every school lunch offers students their choice of at least two servings of fruits and vegetables.
- Fat-free flavored milk has the same 9 essential nutrients as white milk, including calcium, protein, vitamin A and D, and potassium.
- School lunches meet limits on fat ~~ no more than 30% of calories can come from fat and less than 10% from saturated fat.