AKFCS is committed to provide each student with a chromebook device to grant them access to digital resources and tools to enhance their learning experience.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the district expanded the 1:1 program for the 2020-2021 school year to students in kindergarten through grade 12, making all AKFCS students eligible to participate in 1:1 the program..
Families are responsible for any theft, loss, or damage that occurs to the Chromebook devices.
Insurance is available for families during the first 30 days of the school year using our preferred vendor https://schooldevicecoverage.com/.
Devices not purchased directly by AKFCS cannot be used with this insurance.
Email and and fliers are sent at the beginning of the school year with instructions on how to set it up or see below forms.
- Abby Kelley Regional Charter School District English Flyer
- Abby Kelley Regional Charter School District Spanish Flyer
- Abby Kelley Foster Regional Charter School Portuguese Flyer
- Abby Kelley Foster Regional Charter School Twi Flyer
- Abbey Kelley Foster Regional Charter School Arabic Flyer
- Abby Kelley Foster Regional Charter School Vietnamese Flyer
- Abby Kelley Foster Regional Charter School Polish Flyer
- Abby Kelley Foster Regional Charter School Haitian Creole Flyer
Damage to district-owned chromebooks must be repaired. Students are responsible for properly handling their chromebooks and are liable for any and all damage to the device, accidental or otherwise. Intentional damage to a chromebook by another student is the responsibility of the student causing the damage. All chromebook damage must be reported to the student’s teacher as soon as possible.
All repairs will be handled by the AKFCS IT Department. Upon completion of the repair, if a family has not purchased the optional insurance being referred by AKFCS, the School will invoice the student’s family for the cost of the repair.
If the chromebook requires replacement, the student’s family must reimburse the School for the replacement cost rather than purchase the replacement directly, as chromebook purchased outside our approved vendors cannot be fully managed in our system.
Staff members who notice damaged chromebook will report the student’s name to the homeroom teacher or administrator who will then remove the chromebook from use and notify the IT Department. AKFCS reserves the right to require that any damage to a chromebook be repaired, regardless of whether it affects functionality. If there is damage to, loss, or theft of charger, student’s families must reimburse the District for the replacement cost of the item.
If a loaner chromebook is damaged, the student’s family will be invoiced for the cost of any repairs to the loaner (or replacement cost if the device is not repairable).
AKFCS district currently uses 2 types of devices for our 1:1 program.
- K-2 Dell 3100 AUP 2029
- 3-7 HP 11A G8 AUP 2027
- 8-12 HP 11A G8 AUP 2027
Repairs and Replacement Costs
- Broken or lost Charger: $20
- Broken screen replacement: $70
- Missing Keys/keyboard replacement: $50
- Broken Hinges: $40
- Chromebook Dell 3100 full replacement: $300
- Chromebook HP 11A G8 full replacement: $300