School Closings/Delays/Unscheduled Dismissals
When weather or other circumstances beyond the District’s control prevent us from opening school/operating buses, students and staff will have a day off without teaching/learning. We may also use;
- 2 hour delays* in the morning when conditions indicate it is unsafe or if the road crews need additional time to salt, sand, plow.
- An unscheduled early release* day if the weather is going to deteriorate in the afternoon.
*A delay or an early release will count toward our required 180 school days.
These decisions will be made in the morning and alerts will be shared as soon as possible, typically between 5:15-5:45 a.m. When school will be closed, delayed, or if we have to close early for some reason, we will use all our available methods of sharing these notifications:
- Text messages
- Phone calls
- Emails (will send from [email protected])
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- AKF website
- Local media outlets; Channels 4, 5, 7, NECN and Fox25