What is PowerSchool Parent Portal?
PowerSchool Parent Portal is how AKFCS families can access their child’s attendance, grades and other academic information.
How to Access?
To access the Parent Portal, families must create an account and login to AKFCS PowerSchool Parent Portal site. There is also a quick link button at the top of every page on the AKFCS website.
Families will receive an Access ID at the beginning of the school year. Families will need their Access ID to link their account to their child(ren). Multiple Guardians can be linked to a student.
Share this ACCES ID only with your family members.
Step by Step Instructions to Login to PowerSchool
Note: The instructions below can only be used once you receive your Access ID from AKFCS School.
Access IDs will be sent after September 4th, 2023.
Create your Parent Account
- Access the Parent and Student portal using the address above (https://akfcs.powerschool.com/public).
- Click on the “Create Account” tab and then click the blue “Create Account” button.
- Fill out all required fields in the Create Parent Account section. Use your email address as the desired username.
- Use the Parent Account Information to complete the student information in the Link Students to Account section.
- The “Student Name” should be your student’s first name
- Enter the “Access ID” Be sure to use uppercase letters.
- Enter the “Access Password” Be sure to use uppercase letters.
- The “Relationship” should be your relationship to the student.
- You may link additional students using each student’s Parent Account Information.
- Click the blue “Enter” button; you can now access your portal with the Username and Password that you selected.
Linking student to an Parent Portal account
- Sign in to your existing Parent Portal account.
- Click on “Account Preferences” on the left-hand menu.
- Click on the “Students” tab.
- Click the blue “Add” button and follow the prompts.
- Review the “Student Name”, “Access ID” and “Access Password” Be sure to use uppercase letters
*Important – Complete Forms below upon Login
Once logged on to PowerSchool, please complete the 3 required forms:
- Parent/Guardian/Emergency Update Information Form
- Back to School Verification Packet- Policies
- Medical Information
Forms in Parent Portal Web Access
- Click on the Forms button
- Complete the 3 forms
Forms in PowerSchool App
- Got to “More”
- Tap in “Forms”
- Complete the 3 forms
How to Use PowerSchool Mobile App
Problems with PowerSchool?
If you do not receive your Access ID by September 15th, please contact AKFCS school Office.
- Parent Portal is available in English, Spanish, French, Polish, Portuguese and Twi.
- El Portal para padres está disponible en inglés, español, francés, polaco, portugués y Twi.
- Parent Portal est disponible en anglais, espagnol, français, polonais, portugais et twi.
- Portal dla rodziców jest dostępny w języku angielskim, hiszpańskim, francuskim, polskim, portugalskim i twi.
- O Portal dos Pais está disponível em inglês, espanhol, francês, polonês, português e twi.
- Parent Portal no wɔ Borɔfo, Spania, Franse, Poland, Portugal ne Twi kasa mu.